1. Watch the video by Clive Shepherd called "Welcome to the virtual classroom". This video explains the difference between asynchronous and synchronous communication, and explains why and how you'd use online communication.
2. Join the 'Facilitating Online' Google email group.
3. Make a plan for what you want to learn and explore, and write it up (or present in another way eg mindmap, video recording) on your blog. Answer these questions.
- What do you want to learn to facilitate?
- What are you doing now in terms of online facilitation?
- What would you like to achieve, change or do more of?
- What do you need to do or make happen to achieve your goal?