Monday, July 26, 2010

Keeping up with blog posts and comments

It's taken me the last three days to work out the best way to follow all the blog posts and comments. Here are a couple of suggestions.

1. Follow the blogs via the 'Participants' page on the course wiki.

2. Subscribe to a blog by email using a "Subscribe to this blog" button



3. "Follow" a blog (sorry...don't know how to do this with a Wordpress blog)


Once you follow a blog, go to your dashboard to read the posts from that blog.


You can also add blogs to follow via your dashboard.



4. Subscribe to a blog's RSS



If you decide to follow a blog using RSS, I recommend that you set up an account in Google Reader. Once you subscribe to a blog via RSS, go to your Google Reader account in order to read blog posts.
If you want to follow the RSS of a Wordpress blog, go to the top of the page, next to the url you find and click on the orange RSS symbol. This will take you through the process of subscribing the blog via Google Reader.




Going back to me and how I have organised myself. I have got all the blogs going into Google Reader. But to make it even easier, I have Google Reader going into my iGoogle home page. This is my page that I use to organise myself. Don't worry about this if you are new to all this, but if you're interested in knowing more, have a look on YouTube for lots of videos about how to set up your iGoogle home page and the various gadgets.


Here is a quick video that will show you what I have just been talking about. Sarah


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhzlOxq-LYA

No comments: