- eMentoring. Jenny Leigh talks to Sarah Stewart about how she uses web conferencing for eMentoring in business and non-profit organisations.
- Virtual conference. The Virtual International Day of the Midwife is an annual online conference for midwives and people interested in pregnancy and birth.
- Facilitating asynchronous discussion. Lorraine Mockford talks to Sarah Stewart about strategies for engaging students in discussion boards and people in general interest online communities.
Join this week's course meeting in the Elluminate virtual meeting room here on Friday 20th August 12.00 hours New Zealand (World Clock). This session will be facilitated by Jane Field and Rayna Dickson. Bronwyn Hegarty will be supporting the class and session.
- Greg Walker will be discussing how he facilitates online courses. Greg is an educational technology developer and distance education coordinator at the Leeward Community College, Hawaii, USA.
Summarise your learning from the last three weeks in your blog. You may wish to consider some or all of these questions.
- What is online facilitation?
- What skills do you need as an online facilitator?
- How does a facilitator build an online community or network?
- What are the key things to remember when facilitating an event, meeting or education course, especially when working with people who are new to online technology?
- What is the difference between teaching and facilitation?
- What is netiquette?
Image: Settimana Internet @ Roma - 25 giugno, Internet e Anziani