Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thank you, FO2010

This is pretty much the last blog post for FO2010.

I wanted to thank you all for your participation and commitment for the course this year. There are a couple of people who are yet to organise their events, so keep an eye out for information on how to join them.

I have really enjoyed myself, yet at the same time am left asking questions about how the course can be improved to increase a community approach to learning, and retain more people right the way through to the end of the course. A few of you have given me some really useful feedback for how things may be refined for next year, so 'thank you' for that. Please keep an eye on my blog over the next few weeks because that is where I will process the feedback I have received with the suggestions for next year.

The next course will start on March 7th 2011. There will be some changes to the funding model we use. There will continue to be free access to the course materials, blogs and the live sessions. However, there will be a charge if you want to have individual mentoring by the course facilitator. I will announce details about this once they have been finalised.

Finally, I will be starting a research project shortly that is going to explore open education and how we can attract and retain people in courses such as this. So look out for information about how you can be involved.

Thank you all once again for contributing to the success of FO2010. I would like to wish you all a wonderful Christmas break and success in 2011.

Sarah


Image: 'Warm Fuzzies'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44124348109@N01/333542752

No comments: