We plan to alternate the times of our meetings so hopefully we will meet everyone's needs with regards to time.
Setting up for Elluminate
We will be using the web conference platform Elluminate throughout this course. To get to the meeting, please click on this link. If you have never used Elluminate before, I strongly advise that you get set up before hand. Here is the link to information about setting up your computer to use Elluminate.
- Click onto the link to the Elluminate meeting.
- Enter your name - don't worry about a password - you do not need one.
- Wait for Elluminate to download.
- Check that you can hear and speak - may need to work your way through the audio setup wizard ->tools -> audio-> audio set up wizard.
In my experience, the main problems people have with Elluminate happens when they are trying to access it at work. Firewalls often prevent people accessing Elluminate so if this is a problem, please contact your IT people. You do need Java on your computer, so check that it is enabled first.
- go to 'tools' on your Internet browser
- click onto 'options'
- go to 'content'
Image: 'Roscoe Considers Recording a Podcast' zoomar